Make! Design! Remix! Hack! Code! Build! Experiment! And More!
Studio Time is a collaborative space and time for students to:
- explore questions, challenges, topics or technologies of interest, at their own pace, and in directions of their choosing.
- collaborate informally and formally, in person and electronically.
- plan and reflect on their creations, processes, successes, difficulties, and learning through journal and portfolio.
- create footsteps, examples, resources, or other artifacts for themselves and others who might follow.
- integrate technology, as appropriate.
- experience a curriculum based on an individualized, project-based learning approach.
SOURCES: Thinkering Studio of Birmingham-Covington and online article Birmingham-Covington: Building a Student-Centered School